What are cookies?
"Cookies" are small data files that one of our servers sends to your computer via your Web browser when you connect with our Web site. Their primary function is to help us remember you by tracking your browsing sessions, which enables us to collect non-personally identifiable information (such as your IP address, browser type, and domain name, etc.), and provide you with a more relevant shopping experience.
Cookies also help us:
- Determine which features and tools you use, and which pages you visit on landsend.com
- Remember which items you've placed in your shopping bag
- Enable you to checkout faster if you've created an account with us
If you have any concerns about leaving cookies on your computer for extended periods, you can delete them using your browser preferences or privacy menus.
Clear your cookies
If you are experiencing difficulties related to cookies on our site, use the button below to clear landsend.com cookies from your browser. note: Clearing cookies will remove any unsaved items in your shopping bag. To save items in your shopping bag, log in to your Personal Shopping Account or create one before clearing cookies.
This will only clear cookies for landsend.com. Other cookies on your computer will not be affected.
How to enable cookies on your browser:
Internet Explorer 6.0+ for Windows:
- To change your privacy settings to "Medium":
- Select "Internet Options" from the "Tools" Menu.
- Click the "Privacy" Tab.
- Set the Privacy Slider to "Medium."
- Click "OK."
Mozilla Firefox 1.5+ for Windows:
- Go to the "Tools" menu.
- Select "Options".
- Select the "Privacy" icon in the left panel.
- Check the box corresponding to "Allow sites to set cookies".
- Click "OK" to save changes
AOL 9.0 for Windows:
- Click "Start", select "Settings" and "Control Panel".
- Double-click "Internet Options".
- Click the "Privacy" tab and click "Advanced".
- Check the box next to "Override Automatic Cookie Handling".
- Select "Accept" under "First-party Cookies"
- Select "Accept" under "Third-party Cookies"
- Check the box next to "Always Allow Session Cookies".
- Click "OK".
- Click "OK".
Internet Explorer 5.0+ for Mac:
- Select "Prefences" from the "Edit" menu.
- Select "Receiving Files".
- Select the option "Never ask" under "When receiving cookies".
- Click "OK".
Safari 2.0 for Macintosh:
- Click the Safari menu and select "Preferences".
- Click the "Security" icon.
- Select "Always" next to "Accept Cookies".
- Click the "X" in the top left corner to close the "Security" window.
Firefox 1.5 for Macintosh
- Click the Firefo menu and select "Preferences".
- Click the "Privacy" icon and click the "Cookies" tab.
- Check the box next to "Allow Sites" to set Cookies.
- Click the "X" in the top left corner to close the "Privacy" window.
Override your current Cookie handling in your browser?
Select "Internet Options" from the "Tools" Menu. Click on the "Edit" button in the "Override cookie handling for individual websites" section. This will open the "Per Site Privacy Actions" dialogue box. Type "www.landsend.com" in the "Address of Website" box. Click the "Allow" button. Click the "OK" button, then close the "Per Site Privacy Actions" dialogue box. Click the "OK" button to close the "Internet Options" dialogue box and apply your changes.