Your privacy at Lands' End Canvas
Types of personal information we may gather:
Lands' End Canvas gathers personal information from you in order to provide superior service, communicate offers on merchandise and services which we believe will be of interest to you, customize our communications to you, administer our business, and improve your shopping experience. The following are examples of the personal information we gather from you.
- Purchases — When you place an order, you give us your name, address, phone number and/or e-mail address plus payment information.
- Non-Purchases — There may be instances when you are not making a purchase at Lands' End Canvas and you give us your name, address, phone number and/or e-mail address, and where applicable, payment information, or when somebody else gives us your name, address, phone number and/or e-mail address, and where applicable, payment information. Some situations when this may occur are when you return or exchange merchandise, receive a gift from Lands' End Canvas or enter a contest or participate in a promotion or survey sponsored by Lands' End Canvas.
- Personal Shopping Account — If you create a Personal Shopping Account with us so that you may place orders more conveniently, you authorize us to store your name and shipping address(es), and payment information.
- Catalog requests — We need your name and address in order to mail you a catalog. We also require a phone number or e-mail address so that we can contact you in the unlikely event there is an error in your address or other delivery problem. To stop receiving catalogs, simply call 1-877-877-1963 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- E-mail updates — When you subscribe to receive Lands' End Canvas e-mail updates featuring exclusive offers (like free shipping), product news, special discounts, contest announcements and more, we require your e-mail address. You can unsubscribe anytime.
How we use personal information:
We ask you for certain kinds of personal information in order to provide you with the services you request and to process and deliver your order. We also may use your personal information to provide you with customized communications and keep you updated on the latest promotions or products that may interest you.
In addition, our site utilizes "cookies." Cookies do not gather any of your personally identifiable information. They do allow us to provide you with a more personalized shopping experience and enable you to fully interact with and complete your transaction on our site.
Lands' End Canvas shares its customer information with its affiliated companies, including Sears® and Kmart®. We also may share your information with our business partners (below) in order to provide you with certain services. Finally, we do make our mailing list available to carefully screened companies whose products or services might interest you. If you prefer to have your name withheld, please call us toll-free at 1-877-877-1963 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
In addition, Lands' End Canvas cooperates in advertising member networks with other consumer entities where we may communicate your personal information so that select members may inform you about products or services that might interest you. If you prefer to have your name withheld, please call us toll-free at 1-877-877-1963 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about your privacy at Lands' End Canvas, please call us toll-free at 1-877-877-1963 or e-mail us, including your name and mailing address, at email@example.com.
Along with respecting your privacy, Lands' End Canvas diligently strives to keep your personal information safe and secure. (Please see our Security Policy.)
What are cookies?
"Cookies" are small data files that one of our servers sends to your computer via your Web browser when you connect with our Web site. Their primary function is to help us remember you by tracking your browsing sessions, which enables us to collect non-personally identifiable information (such as your IP address, browser type, and domain name, etc.), and provide you with a more relevant shopping experience.
Cookies also help us:
- determine which features and tools you use, and which pages you visit on landsend.com
- remember which items you've placed in your shopping bag
- enable you to checkout faster if you've created an account with us
If you have any concerns about leaving cookies on your computer for extended periods, you can delete them using your browser preferences or privacy menus.
Our Business Partners
In order to ship and track merchandise, we make your name and address available to certain companies that help us provide you with those services. Moreover, if you choose to use My Virtual Model™, your model's information is stored in that supplier's database. (Remember, you can use your model at other participating Web sites.)
Mailing List Preference
If you do not want to have your name shared with non-affiliated companies, please call 1-877-877-1963. You can also contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and mailing address in the message. If you would like to no longer receive e-mails from Lands' End Canvas, please unsubscribe or click on the "unsubscribe" link included in all e-mails sent by Lands' End Canvas.
Children's Privacy at Lands' End Canvas
Lands' End Canvas does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use our website with the involvement of a parent or guardian. Moreover, Lands' End Canvas is concerned about the safety of children. Occasionally, Lands' End Canvas may conduct promotions or contests that allow children under the age of 13 to participate. In those instances, we will use reasonable efforts to obtain verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from these participants. Rest assured that Lands' End Canvas will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without making reasonable efforts to obtain verifiable parental consent. In addition, Lands' End Canvas will not condition a child's participation in an event on the provision of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity, and Lands' End Canvas will not sell that information and will only use that information in the manner that we disclose in the promotion or contest. In those instances where Lands' End Canvas collects personal information from a child, that child's parents or guardians will have the ability to review the information provided by their child by sending an e-mail message to email@example.com or to the e-mail address listed on the landsend.com web page that collected their child's information. Parents or guardians may also request that Lands' End Canvas not make contact with their child. If such a parental request is received, Lands' End Canvas will make all reasonable efforts to make sure that no communications are sent to the child.